FSS Notification, Communications Declaration
FSS Notification is the notice submitted to the Federal Security Service on the imported / exported products with encryption, cryptographic functions. This notice must be provided by the product manufacturer or an authorized person in accordance with EEC decision No. 30 of 21/04/2015.
FSS Notification is necessary for the following products:
- Mobile communication devices;
- Wireless encryption equipment (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPRS, GLONASS, GSM, radio);
- Smart cards;
- Devices with installed software that contains cryptographic algorithms (operating systems, programs which include the transfer of data packets);
- Media with software;
- Devices of various purpose utilizing cryptographic algorithms.
Documents required to issue an FSS notification:
- Equipment technical specification;
- Cryptographic protocols with implemented cryptographic algorithms, used in the device, as well as the algorithm keys lengths;
- Banking details of the manufacturer and applicant;
- An authorized power of attorney from the manufacturer.
The declaration of communication is a document that confirms that this product meets the regulations for the use of equipment approved by the Federal Law of the Russian Federation No. 126-FZ "On Communications" and may be used in a unified telecommunications network of the Russian Federation.
The communications declaration is required for any equipment operating in public networks (wired and wireless phones, IP telephones, mobile devices, modems, wireless network BlueTooth modules and Wi-Fi standards 802.15 and 802.11 a/b/g/n, servers of telematic providers, antennas, etc.).
Specifics of registration of communications declarations:
- The communications declaration is drawn up for one individual model;
- The application can be submitted by legal entities and private entrepreneurs registered in accordance with the established procedure in the territory of the Russian Federation;
- The period of validity of the communications declaration is chosen by the applicant and is not limited by normative and legal documents;
- When declaring communication devices, the declarant must indicate the information on the registered communications declaration in the accompanying documentation for the communication device.
Communications declaration registration procedure:
- Provision of a specimen product by the applicant to the technical description certification body;
- Conducting the product tests and preparation of test reports;
- Preparation and signing of a full set of documents;
- Registration of the declaration with the Federal Communications Agency (ROSSVYAZ) and its entry into a special register of registered declarations. The period of issuance of the communications declaration is 5-7 working days.
You can contact «Unicert Group» on any question regarding the FSS Notification and communications declaration.
Our specialists will advise you on all relevant matters and help with filling out the application and preparing the necessary documents.