Explosion Protection Certificate
Explosion-proof equipment (Ex-apparatus) is equipment designed in such a way as to prevent the combustion of the atmosphere, which may be the result of its operation. Explosion-proof electrical equipment is used when working in explosive environments: mines, pits, quarries, etc.
From 15.02.2013 the certification is made in accordance with the requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union "On safety of equipment intended for use in explosive atmospheres" (TR CU 012/2011).
The declaration of conformity is not provided for in the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union 012/2011.
Depending on the field of application, explosive equipment is divided into the following groups:
- Group I equipment - equipment intended for use in underground mine workings and land structures (danger from mine gas and (or) combustible dust);
- Group II equipment - equipment intended for use in hazardous places with explosive gaseous atmospheres that do not fall within group I. Depending on the category of the explosive mixture for which it is intended, the equipment is further subdivided into subgroups IIA, IIB, IIC;
- Group III equipment - equipment intended for use in hazardous areas with explosive dust environments that do not fall within group I. Depending on the characteristics of the explosive atmosphere for which it is intended, the equipment is further subdivided into subgroups IIIA, IIIB, IIIC.
Stages of certification:
- Application for certification;
- Technical documentation expert examination;
- Sampling for testing;
- Registration of test reports.
* Depending on the selected certification scheme, a certain type of production analysis is required.
The certification body then decides wether to issue a certificate of conformity or to refuse to issue it.
Obtaining a certificate of conformity (TR TS 012/2011) for Ex-equipment in Russia is mandatory, even if the electrical equipment is of foreign origin and is provided with international certificates.
Regarding registration of the certificate of conformity of TR CU 012/2011, you can contact our company and get professional advice from our specialists.